The product finder allows a customer to quickly search for their compatible part based on the brand / model the customer has.
For example selling Printer Cartridges, there are original and compatible ones available and by assigning which cartridges go with what brands, it allows the customer to simply select what printer and model number they have in order for the customer to find compatible cartridges.
Unlike product imports, the product finder importer is looking for the columns to be in a specific sequence, and if not in the correct order, it will error.
The sequence depends on the original set up – the best way to view it is to download either of the attached sample csv’s.
PRINTER CARTRIDGE FINDER
- Ensure that the SKU is in the catalog – ie the product exists in your Magento store.
- Prepare your CSV file
- Go to the set up ‘part finder’ profile by navigating to catalog > part finder….
- Click on the ‘import’ button on the top right:
- Import the csv file.
Any errors you encounter are usually down to two reasons:
- Columns are in the wrong order or you are missing a column
- One or several products are not yet set up in the Magento catalog.
Any questions, let me know in the comments section 🙂